Thanks to a combination of telecommunications infrastructure working with online marketing solutions, you can now get the benefits of a digital campaign for customers without Internet access. These strategies are specially suited for Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG), Betting, Election Campaigning and Retail due to the wide income ranges of their customers.
In this post, we shall be talking about digital marketing strategies that were used in Rural areas that provided measurable results. But first, what are the challenges of digital strategies in rural marketing.
Problems of reaching rural areas with Digital Marketing
- Excessive dependence on one-to-one customer connects reducing scale
- Word-of-mouth reporting
- Data collection errors due to manual entries
- Mobile penetration far exceeds internet penetration
- Target market cannot afford the use of the internet
- Difficulty in creating mass distributed content that is engaging.
- Insufficient Data points.
- Difficulty in lead scoring
I will share some case studies on how these pains were solved with a digital marketing strategy utilizing the omnichannel platforms of Netcore Solutions. Here are some case studies of where Netcore made the difference.
Colgate Active Salt Campaign
Objectives: To promote the Colgate Active Salt Brand, using celebrity brand ambassadors. The Colgate Active Salt Taste Challenge 2013 campaign integrated the elements of 6 Toll free missed call numbers, outbound calls, WAP links, time schedulers, intelligent IVR, SMS and referral trees, thus extending engagement from the few seconds of initial viewing on a TV commercial and other media to a complete brand engagement experience. Results were:
– 3.8 Million Missed calls were received from all media in a little under 3 months
– Referrals reached 5 level on the Reference Chain
- Television commercial with female Bollywood Celebrity with the message “Tell me if your toothpaste has salt or not to a missed call number.”
- Tollfree number was also printed on the toothpaste packs.
- User gives a missed call, receives a confirmation SMS
- User subscribes to a series of automated voice calls
- Application is able to capture the response time of the user to derive whether user consumed the content.
- Users who did not listen fully to the content were given opportunities through marketing automation to listen to the OBD Cals
- Customized language based on location.
Hindustan Unilever Case Study
Objectives: To create top of mind awareness for the HUL soap brands.
- Use of Radio Jingles
- Ground activation
- Use of a simple number easy to remember
- Use of procured affiliate SMS database.
- SMS was broadcasted to the database to advertise the flash call number.
- When user gives a missed call (Flashed the number), subscribes to audio content.
- User received comedy content weekly
- System recorded point of disconnect, if they needed to can finish the content in the next dial.
- If the user did not listen for 15 minutes the week before, it was carried over.
- Users who did not engage received series of outbound calls till the non-responsive were churned out.
Highlights of the Mobility Solution
- The mixture of attractive content and advertising content to indoctrinate customers to choose the HUL products and remember the brand name.
- Overcome education status barriers by using audio content via voice services instead of SMS.
Some Applications Include:
- Flash Call Numbers
- Two-Way SMS
- Outbound Dialled Calls (OBD)
- Interactive Voice Recordings
- Interactive Voice Surveys
- Email from mobile acquisition campaigns
Some more Necore Success Stories: