In social media automation, content is king.
No one disputes that, in today’s world the person who wins is the person who can build a proper strategy around creating valuable content and optimizing that content for is target audience.
But the question I’d like to ask you is, “what if you didn’t have to create your own content?”
This post is about building a content strategy that does not involve you creating any content and still get traffic coming to your website.
The tool that helps you carry out this strategy is called snip.ly.
Snip.ly is an automation tool that allows you share content from other websites but still gives you the opportunity to drive traffic back to your website.
Sniply adds your custom call-to-action to any page on the web, allowing you to engage your followers through every link you share.
For example, you can attach a button to the page that links to your own website, so that people can discover you while they read.
Sniply generates unique links for you to share. Anyone clicking on your links will see the content along with your call-to-action inside.
HOW TO GET STARTED WITH SNIP.LY
- Sign up with snip.ly
- Choose the landing page where the content you want to re-share is
- Get the URL of that landing page and place it in ENTER A URL to create snip.
- Create your call to action
- Enter what you want your button text to be, this is the action you want your audience to take e.g. Download Now, Click here for a consultation, Meet our Experts etc.
- Put the URL of your own landing page on where you want the traffic to go
- Copy the snipped URL and paste within your content.
Anytime someone clicks on that URL, it takes them to the landing page you are sharing, but your call to action will show there.
AUTOMATING SNIP.LY FOR RSS FEEDS
Snip.ly allows you to not only share content that isn’t yours but it also helps to automate the sharing of that content with your call to action. For example, let’s say I’m a sport enthusiast and I’d like to share content on sports, I need to get blogs that focus on sports, get their feed and link it with a social media automation tool like Hootsuite or buffer.
So how do we get the RSS Feed?
In order for you to get the RSS Feeds from your blog, it’s usually the URL of your website/feed e.g. www.wsiaxon.com/feed. Follow the steps below to automate your social media posting.
- Head over to your dashboard on snip.ly
- Click on integrations tab
- Go over to RSS Feeds
- Click on “Create New Feed”
- Enter the Feed of your blog
- Take the snipped RSS feed URL and paste it into your social media automation tool e.g. Hootsuite, Buffer etc.
Automating your content marketing will drive a lot of relevant traffic back to your website, increase your brand awareness and ensure that your web presence is growing steadily. With snip.ly you can track your clicks to website and their analytics is incredible towards tracking your performance on your snips.
To find out more about any of WSI’s digital solutions,